Insoles: It’s a good idea to consider arch support when purchasing a new pair of shoes, but sometimes you need a little extra cushioning, especially if you suffer from foot pain. To the rescue: orthotic, which can be slipped into less-than-comfortable shoes for added support. The custom-designed orthotics will give you a truly perfect fit, but they can be pricey.
For that reason, many podiatrists recommend trying off-the-shelf first. “An over-the-counter device is sometimes used as a trial prior to using a prescription insole, similar to using readers before getting prescription glasses,” says Grace Torres-Hodges, DPM, a podiatrist based in Pensacola, Florida.
Luckily, the latest off-the-shelf insoles are available in a variety of lengths and styles, so it’s easier than ever to find the perfect one for your feet. “The benefit of off-the-shelf is that they provide the ability to take a shoe that doesn’t fit quite right and make it more custom,” explains Howard Osterman, DPM, a podiatrist based in the Washington, D.C. area. “Many ready-to-wear insoles now come full-length to replace removable liners in shoes, as well as shorter versions that can be worn in ballet flats and lower profile shoe types.”
We asked podiatrists to share the orthotic they recommend to clients looking for ready-to-wear options. Read on for their most popular picks.
Table of Contents
Orthofeet Orthopedic Insoles
Plantar Fasciitis? Painful, Flat Feet? Fallen Arches? Orthofeet Premium Orthotic Offer Instant, Inexpensive Solution: Their Comfortable Arch Support Corrects Over-pronation And Fallen Arches And Provides A Quick Relief For Common Foot Conditions. Enjoy The Benefits Of Custom Orthotics At A Fraction Of The Cost!
Orthofeet Orthopedic Are Available In A Variety Of Designs, From Basic Arch Supports, Dress Shoe , Athletic Shoe And Work Shoe To High Heel And For Flats.
Orthofeet orthopedic insoles are bio-mechanically engineered with unique features:
- Excellent shock absorption – soft cushioning foam dynamically forms to the unique contours of your foot for ultimate customized comfort and instant relief of pressure points at the heel and ball of the foot.
- Heel pain relief – a contoured heel seat padded with cushioning foam under the heel works wonders for heel pain and plantar fasciitis.
- Instant comfort – Orthofeet orthotic are designed to provide the orthotic solution for flat feet, over-pronation, plantar fasciitis, heel pain, bunions, arthritis, and diabetes.
What Are The Best Shoe Insoles?
- Super Feet Green.
- Samurai insoles Orthotics.
- Sof Sole Athlete.
- Power step Original Orthotics.
- Timberland PRO.
- Dr. Scholl’s comfort and energy work.
- Sofsole Air Orthotic Performance.
- SpinCo Polysorb Cushioning Arch Support Insoles.
What Are Insoles Used For?
Do Insoles Work?
Just as you cannot work if they’re too soft, they don’t work by bracing, either. Many provide support and stability to the arch while completely ignoring the front and rear of the foot.
What Is The Best Insole For Metatarsalgia?
- Physix Gear Sport Full Length Orthotic Inserts with Arch Support.
- New Balance Insoles 3030 Pressure Relief Metatarsal Pad.
- Pedag Holiday 3/4 Semi-Rigid Orthotic with Metatarsal Pad.